These cinnamon-scented apple buckwheat pancakes make for a hearty and delicious breakfast recipe. Leftovers are great for freezing!
My boys love pancakes so I always try to keep my freezer stashed with a bag or two for busy weekday mornings. (Check out my guide on How to Freeze and Reheat Pancakes if you haven’t already!)
Depending on the time of year, I love to change the fruits that I mix into our favorite buckwheat pancake mix. Buckwheat pancakes are heartier in texture and packed with nutrients including fiber and protein.
Whether it’s mashed bananas, blueberries or pumpkin – anything goes in our house when it comes to pancakes. For more flavor (without added calories), cinnamon is sprinkled into the batter as well.
What are your favorite pancake mix-ins?? I’d love to hear from you!
Your fork is waiting.
Apple Cinnamon Buckwheat Pancakes
- 2 cups buckwheat pancake mix
- 2 cups milk (or more to thin)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple (shredded/grated)
- maple syrup and apple slices (optional to serve)
- Pre-heat nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, milk, eggs, oil and cinnamon until smooth. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more milk to thin it out.
- Fold in shredded apple then pour batter on hot griddle, 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side. Serve with maple syrup and thinly slices apples if you wish.
Do you love easy and healthy breakfast recipes? Head over to my Pinterest Board for even more ideas!