The fluffiest pancake recipe you’ll ever make, these whole grain pumpkin pancakes are spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
The holidays are right around the corner which means cozy, leisurely breakfasts with friends and family are on the horizon! We love pumpkin pancakes all year round but my boys especially seem to crave them during the holidays.
Filled with real pumpkin, warm cinnamon and a hint of ginger, these whole grain pumpkin pancakes are healthy and delicious. To keep them light and fluffy, I use Stonyfield plain low fat yogurt in place of any butter or oil. I’d rather save my butter for serving on top when they are finished.
For extra protein and a crunchy texture, I top the whole stack with chopped pecans. Walnuts or sliced almonds are delicious too.
Ideal for feeding a crowd, be sure to make a double batch. Leftovers freeze well and are ideal for last minute houseguests. But I’ll warn you, there are rarely many left over.
Your fork is waiting.
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 cup Stonyfield plain yogurt low fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. (Be careful not to over mix.)
- Heat non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour batter, about 1/3 cup at a time.
- Heat 2-3 minutes per side. It is important to keep pan at medium or lower to allow time for the thick batter to cook thoroughly without burning the outsides.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Disclosure: Stonyfield has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas are just a pin away!
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term partnership with Stonyfield. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.