If you’ve never tried them before, you are in for a treat. Crispy, crunchy and salty – these tasty baked kale chips are just as addictive as their potato cousin.
Kale chips are my new snack food obsession. If you’ve never tried them before, you are in for a treat.
Crispy, crunchy and salty. Never cooked with kale before?
This is a fabulous beginner recipe that your family will love. My ever-picky husband literally couldn’t stop eating them. Kale is abundant at farm stands in the late-Fall and this recipe is the perfect way to get more greens into your diet.
Why is Kale a super food?
It’s Excellent source of phytonutrients, a powerful antioxidant, a natural source of dietary fiber and loaded in vitamins and nutrients including iron, calcium, copper Vitamins C, E, B6, B1 and B2.
But enough with all the health talk. The bottom line: kale chips are the perfect way to satisfy your salty tooth for a fraction of the fat and calories of most bags found in the chip aisle.
The other benefit? Making your own kale chips at home will save you a ton of dough spent on packaged foods. And, you get the control the amount of fat and sodium your family consumes. Not up for Kale? Check out my Baked Turnip Chips recipe instead!
Your chip bowl is waiting.
Best Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- 8 cups raw kale (cut into 2-3 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well, ensuring pieces are evenly coated in oil.
- Divide kale evenly between two baking sheets. It is important to lay the kale on a single layer. This helps the kale become crispy and avoids steaming which makes the chips soggy.
- Bake for 12-20 minutes, checking after 12 minutes, until crispy and lightly browned.
If you love this snack recipe, you have to check out my Pinterest board!
2 thoughts on “Best Baked Kale Chips Recipe”
Which type of Kale works best for kale chips???
I love your recipes!
Thank you!!! Regular leafy kale is great!