A fast and easy side dish, your family will love these sweet and caramelized balsamic roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onions.
A lot of people tell me they tend to eat the same vegetable side dish night after night – usually steamed green beans or broccoli. While delicious, I always recommend eating a variety of foods all year long for maximum nutrition and health benefits.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years when it comes to eating vegetables, it’s that roasting is almost always the best way to create maximum flavor with very minimal effort.
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower & Onions couldn’t be easier to make or more tasty. Feel free to mix and match with any vegetables you have on hand such as parsnips, Brussels or kohlrabi. The options are endless.
As the vegetables roast the natural sugars caramelize created a sweet, smoky and super flavorful side dish that no one can resist.
Your fork is waiting.
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Cauliflower
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 medium onion diced red or yellow
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- minced fresh herbs for garnish (i.e. chives,parsley, etc.) - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chopped veggies (sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onion) in a large resealable plastic bag and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal tightly and shake well until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread vegetables in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned and caramelized, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy side dish recipes!