This moist and healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is made with creamy yogurt, plump blueberries and warm cinnamon. It’s ideal for freezing and perfect for breakfast or even dessert!
Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is an excellent option for a fast and nutritious breakfast. My kids love to have it as french toast in the morning, and I can’t blame them. It’s not too heavy and has just the right amount of sweetness.
Looking for the perfect hostess gift or an easy edible holiday gift? Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is the ultimate choice! My friends and family love to receive a gift that they can dive into without any guilt. It’s ideal for freezing so you can make a few loaves ahead of time, and get a head start on the season.
Not giving it away? You can slice and freeze individually wrapped servings in plastic. Just put them in the microwave when you need a quick snack or breakfast on the go.
What is the benefit of using yogurt?
When it comes to healthy baking, yogurt is your friend. Not only is yogurt an excellent source of calcium, protein and Vitamin D, it also adds moisture and texture to pancakes, muffins and more. Additionally, the acidity in yogurt helps activate baking soda, which can make baked goods fluffy and light. You can substitute it for sour cream, mayonnaise, or crème fraîche. Get the same taste but with less guilt!
What is whole wheat pastry flour?
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is 100% stone ground from the finest soft white wheat. In addition, it has a lower protein content than regular whole wheat flour, and it makes tender wholegrain baked goods like breads, pie crusts, muffins, and pastries. It retains the nutrients of the bran and germ.
How long will Blueberry Oatmeal Bread last in the freezer?
If you wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it air-tight in a freezer bag, you can store Blueberry Oatmeal Bread for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Feel free to use either fresh or frozen blueberries. They add natural sweetness and flavor. They’re also packed with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals.
Whether you’re giving it as a gift or enjoying it yourself, Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is truly healthy enough for breakfast but tasty enough for dessert.
Your skinny jeans are waiting.
Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats old fashioned or quick cooking
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup Flax seed meal flour would work as well
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups low fat plain yogurt such as Stonyfield
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat together yogurt, oil, vanilla and eggs over medium speed. Slowly add dry ingredients until just combined then remove from mixer.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries then pour batter into the bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving or wrapping as a gift.
Want more healthy recipes? Head over to Pinterest!