Zucchini combined with shredded carrots carrots and spices makes these Zucchini Carrot Muffins both moist and full of flavor. Your family will love them!
Baking is not my forte, let alone in the middle of August, but zucchini season always lures me into the world of muffins and breads. This time last year I was 9 months pregnant and frantically baking and freezing quick breads. Let me tell you, we were pretty thrilled to have a freezer full of Chocolate Zucchini Bread after our baby was born in September! If you know someone who is expecting, these muffins freeze perfectly and will be a delicious and wholesome treat to have on hand post-baby.
If you feel like spreading them with peanut butter and honey, I certainly will not judge.
Your family is waiting.
Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- 1 c zucchini grated with skin on
- 1/2 c carrot grated
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz Greek yogurt 0 % fat
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 c natural applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line 15 muffin tins with paper cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients with the exception of the walnuts.
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed well, add in the walnuts and use hands to make sure they are all evenly coated with the floury ingredients. (This will help them float in the muffins!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine well.
- Using a 1/4 c
- ice cream scoop
- or measuring cup, carefully fill each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.