Running out of ideas for ground turkey breast? I was, too. Fortunately, I was inspired by a recent visit to my cousin Tanya’s house around dinner time. To my delight, she was knee-deep in various Asian ingredients as she was getting ready to prepare a Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry for her family. As we all know, stir-fry is the perfect busy weeknight dinner. Quick and easy to prepare, you can use any combination of whatever protein or vegetables you have sitting in your refrigerator. On this particular evening, I happened to have ground turkey breast and broccoli. You could just as easily use this method with chicken breast, ground pork or even tofu. No broccoli? No problem. Simply swap green beans, asparagus or any other vegetable that your healthy little heart desires.
Your chop sticks are waiting.
Brown Rice and Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Spray a large, deep pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium high.
- Add onions and saute until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, sherry vinegar, chili garlic paste, corn starch and hoisin sauce. Set aside.
- Add ground turkey breast, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to pan with onions and cook for 5-7 minutes until turkey is browned.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up turkey breast.
- When turkey is browned, add broccoli florets and chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil then simmer with lid on for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Garnish with scallions just before serving alongside brown rice prepared with green peas, sesame oil and scallions.