This healthy Greek-inspired Chicken and Artichoke Farro bake is made with creamy feta, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives. A one-pot meal, your entire family will love this healthy whole-grain casserole recipe.
Earlier this month I invited 3 of my closest friends and fellow moms over for a fun little meal prep planning party.
Hosted in partnership with one of my longest and dearest clients, Milk Means More, the purpose of the gathering was simple: cook and prep family-friendly meals to stock our freezers!
In total, we prepared four meals for each family of 4-5 people including my Mexican Lasagna with Chicken and Black Beans, Baked Penne with Sausage and Ricotta, Chicken and Mushroom Casserole with Crispy Panko Topping and a new recipe I’m sharing today: Chicken and Artichoke Greek Farro Bake.
Spoiler Alert: Cooking with friends is way more fun than cooking with hungry toddlers staring you down. But you probably knew that already.
Not only is cooking with friends more fun, it’s way more efficient! We each had our own cooking stations and divided up sections of each recipe so that we could finish all of the meals before we had to leave and pick up our kids from school.
If you’ve ever considered doing this type of event with neighbors, coworkers, friends or family, I highly recommend it! It was a ton of fun and we all went home with dinner prepped for FOUR nights! Boom.
In the meantime, be sure to check out this new Chicken and Artichoke Greek Farro Bake. If you don’t have farro on hand, swap it out with any grain. Whatever you do, just don’t forget the creamy feta cheese.
Your fork is waiting.
Chicken and Artichoke Greek Farro Bake
- 2 cups cooked farro or grain of choice
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breasts such as rotisserie
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 10 pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 12 artichoke hearts roughy chopped
- 1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch chili flakes optional
- scallions optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together farro, chicken, feta, olives, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil then toss again. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture evenly in an oven-proof baking dish and heat until warmed through and feta cheese is softened, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and divide between four plates.
- Sprinkle with scallions to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Milk Means More Dairy Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Looking for more healthy dinner ideas? My Pinterest board has got you covered!