The easiest dessert you’ll ever make, you are going to love this chocolate peanut butter magic shell that hardens over your favorite ice cream in seconds.
It’s pretty clear by now that I’m an avid chocolate peanut butter fan. The truth is, I think the two taste better together than apart. But you know what takes it over the top? When you combine it into a quick and easy magic shell that instantly hardens when poured over ice cream. Winning.
If you’ve never made homemade magic shell before, your mind is about to be blown. It takes no more than 60 seconds to make and is nothing more than your chocolate of choice and coconut oil melted until smooth.
On a whim, I recently made it with PB2 and was immediately hooked. Creamy peanut butter would work well too but I’d rather save my calories for the ice cream. PB2 powder is simply peanuts that have been pressed to remove 85% of the oil. To be clear, I love natural peanut butter and eat it all the time so if you can spare the calories in your day, be my guest.
The bottom line? This is going to be your new go-to dessert. Perfect for just one or serving a crowd – you are going to love this easy, show-stopping dessert.
Your spoon is waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Shell
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons PB2 Powder or creamy natural peanut butter
- ice cream of choice
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, add PB 2 powder and stir until chips are fully melted and mixture is smooth.
- Scoop ice cream into four serving bowls and drizzle each one with the chocolate peanut butter sauce. Like magic, it will harden within seconds creating a crunchy shell.
Want more delicious chocolate peanut butter recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
Clean Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter “Reese’s” from Amy’s Healthy Baking
Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie from Gimme Some Oven
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dirt Cake (Gluten Free) from All Day I Dream About Food
If that’s not enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can check out my Dessert Pinterest board!
Follow The Lemon Bowl | Liz Della Croce’s board Dessert on Pinterest.