These juicy grilled pesto turkey burgers are topped with fresh pesto, spicy arugula, and creamy mozzarella cheese.
One reason I love living in the Midwest is that we don’t take warm weather for granted. The minute the snow melts and the temperatures remain above 50 or 60, we are outdoors morning, noon and night.
When it comes to meal time, that means we are using our grill as much as possible. Not only is grilling a naturally healthier way to prepare foods but it always results in a more complex, flavorful dish.
My husband loves turkey burgers (no really – it’s probably his favorite dish of any that I make for him!) so I am always coming up with new ways to re-invent the classic.
With a last name like Della Croce, I really can’t go wrong giving any dish an Italian spin so I decided to do just that with these grilled turkey burgers. Topped with bright pesto, spicy arugula and fresh mozzarella, each bite is a flavor explosion.
To keep the lean turkey meat juicy while cooking, each burger is filled with sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Of course, there are a few garlic cloves in there for good measure. What sort of wife would I be if I left out the garlic?
No forks required.
Grilled Pesto Turkey Burgers
- 20 ounces Natural Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1- inch slices part-skim fresh mozzarella
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns (sliced)
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground turkey, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, grated garlic, salt and pepper using your hands. Form into four equal-sized patties.
- Grill turkey burger patties over high-heat until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with one mozzarella slice and heat until slightly melted and bubbly.
- Place burgers on split buns and top with pesto and arugula to serve.
Even more Grilling Recipes are waiting for you on Pinterest!