Greek-style turkey burgers are grilled to perfection and topped with a creamy garlic and dill tzatziki sauce. Protein packed and exploding with flavor, these Greek burgers are a healthy addition to any BBQ.
Although I don’t have an ounce of Greek blood in my body, I feel like they are my people. I mean, let’s take a look at the key ingredients in Greek cuisine: lemon, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, kalamata olives…. you really can’t get any closer to Middle Eastern food now can you?
Add to that the fact that we grew up traveling to Greektown, Chicago several times a year and you’ve got yourself one Greek food-obsessed gal. From Greek Grilled Vegetables to Lightened Greek Egg Lemon Soup (Avgolemono) to Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts and more.. I just can’t quit Greek food.
When my friends at NoshOn.It invited me to participate in #BurgerWeek, a week long celebration of the summertime classic, I couldn’t resist heading back to the Mediterranean to create my Greek Turkey Burger with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce. The cool, creamy, garlic and dill yogurt sauce is the ultimate topping for my juicy turkey burgers blended with Greek spices.
A final note about my Greek Turkey Burgers: you may wish to make extra tzatziki sauce! It’s my favorite protein-packed dip for vegetables, pita chips, grill salmon and more. Or with a spoon and a rubber spatula to clean the bowl…. whoopsies!
Your fork is waiting.
Greek Turkey Burgers with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce
- Pre-heat grill to high heat. Pour olive oil on a large plate; set aside.
- Prepare Greek Tzatziki Sauce with Garlic and Dill and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use hands to mix together ground turkey, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide mixture into four and form meat into six-ounce patties.
- Place patties on the plate with olive oil and flip once so that both sides are coated in oil.
- Grill burgers over high heat until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve burgers in a split bun topped with spinach, tomato slices and plenty of tzatziki sauce.