This rich and creamy healthy Starbucks mocha Frappuccino copycat has all of the chocolate and coffee flavor you want with none of the guilt!
Coffee and chocolate are a flavor match made in heaven which is why it is no surprise that the Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino is so popular. Cool, creamy, rich and chocolatey – what’s not to love? Well, the 370 calories and 51 grams of sugar make it hard for me to love it. As tempting as the flavor combination is, I figured I could just as easily make a similar drink at home without all of the added fats. Saving you calories and money, here is my Healthy Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Copycat.
- Coffee: Use your favorite! I typically use a strong brewed coffee that I then chill, but you could use a cold brew from the store as well.
- Half and half: Helping to give the drink that creamy texture and taste.
- Cocoa powder: Adds that classic, rich chocolate flavor.
- Maple syrup: Instead of using a bunch of added processed sugars, I use maple syrup to sweeten the drink in a natural way.
- Vanilla extract: Sweetens and enhances the chocolate flavor of the drink.
- Sea salt: Balances out the sweet and rich taste of the Frappuccino.
How to Make Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino (Healthy Copycat)
Start your healthy Starbucks mocha Frappuccino by adding your coffee to a blender.
Then add your half and half to the coffee.
Next add the cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt.
Followed by the vanilla extract.
Drizzle in the maple syrup.
Then finish with some ice cubes.
Put the lid on, then blend until creamy and smooth. If you want a thicker drink, just add more ice!
Once it reaches your desired consistency, poor into a glass and top with some whipped cream and chocolate chips if you wish. Enjoy your Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino (Healthy Copycat)!
- Make it dairy-free. You could use almond milk, oat milk, or even coconut milk instead of half and half to make this drink dairy free.
- Change out the sweetener. Instead of maple syrup, you could use honey, or if you have liquid stevia, you could use that and it would cut the calories even more!
Frequently Asked Qestions:
What is a Starbucks mocha Frappuccino?
It’s a frozen/blended drink from Starbucks that usually uses whole milk, Frappuccino syrup, instant coffee, and chocolate sauce. It’s blended with ice and then topped with whipped cream.
How much caffeine is in a mocha Frappuccino?
From Starbucks, the drink has 110mg of caffeine. When you make it from home, it’ll vary depending on the coffee you use as the base.
Can you make these drinks ahead of time?
Yes, you can keep it in the freezer! For the most convenience, I’d recommend freezing individual servings in freezer safe cups with a lid.
More Drinks from Home
- Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- Rose Water Cooler
- McDonald’s Shamrock Shake (Healthy Copycat)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Orange Blossom Lemonade
Drink It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
A delicious way to start your day, or a tasty treat in the afternoon, this healthy Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino will satisfy your craving without any guilt.
Your straw is waiting.
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino (Healthy Copycat)
- Combine coffee, half and half, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth about 30-60 seconds. Add a scoop or two of ice and puree for additional 45-60 seconds on high.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.