A refreshing drink for summer, homemade lemonade is flavored with orange blossom water to create the ultimate lemonade recipe.
It’s not every day that I make homemade lemonade but when I do, I always add a splash of orange blossom water. It’s a trick I learned from my mom and aunts that they learned from their mom and aunts.
A traditional Middle Eastern ingredient, orange blossom water has zero calories and is nothing more than water infused with orange blossoms. Extremely fragrant and sweet-smelling, a little goes a long way. You can purchase it online or buy it at your local international or Middle Eastern grocery store.
Orange blossom water won’t overpower the lemonade. Instead, it will give your lemonade a little something special that will have your guests asking why your lemonade tastes so much better than theirs. It’s ok, you can tell them.
Your straw is waiting.
Orange Blossom Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar + 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- fresh mint – optional garnish
- Place sugar and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place lemon juice, simple syrup, water and orange blossom water in a large pitcher and stir well.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour to serve. Garnish with fresh mint if you wish.