This quick and easy breakfast toast is made with hearty, whole grain bread, creamy Sabra hummus, scrambled eggs and za’atar.
My kids frequently ask for eggs and toast for breakfast so I love coming up with fun and creative ways to make it interesting while also maximizing the nutrition.
While there’s nothing wrong with buttered toast (who doesn’t love it?), I decided to swap it out recently with Sabra hummus to give the dish extra protein, fiber and healthy fats.
This decadent hummus breakfast toast might look fancy but it couldn’t be easier to make. While your eggs are cooking, you simply spread your toast with your favorite Sabra hummus flavor.
Next, I add a few slices of tomato then top with the warm eggs. The final touch? A sprinkle of za’atar, my favorite Middle Eastern spice blend which can be found online, at ethnic grocery stores or at most major retailers.
But first thing’s first, make this incredible hummus toast with eggs. I promise it’ll be a new breakfast favorite.
No forks required.
Hummus Toast with Scrambled Eggs
- 4 slices whole grain bread toasted
- 1/2 cup Sabra hummus any flavor
- 1 medium tomato thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs scrambled or cooked as you wish
- 2 teaspoons za'atar
- scallions optional garnish
- To prepare breakfast toast, spread 2 tablespoons of Sabra hummus on top of each piece of toasted bread. Lay two slices of tomato on top of each slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, stop with warm eggs cooked to order (I like scrambled for this recipe) then sprinkle each piece with 1/2 teaspoon za'atar. Garnish with scallions to serve if you wish.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term relationship with Sabra. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting The Lemon Bowl. Photography by Alejandro Photography.
Interested in more delicious breakfast recipes? Check out my Pinterest Board!