This easy and delicious Italian pasta recipe is filled with large chunks of chicken, tender artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Pasta night is the best night in our house, not just for the kiddos (who are pasta-fanatics) but for this busy working mama who is all about a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
We always have a bag or three of DeLallo organic whole wheat pasta on hand which means I’m never more than 15-20 minutes away from a healthy pasta dinner. Packed with 7g of protein per serving, the whole grains in the pasta will keep you satisfied for longer avoiding the typical post-pasta sugar crash.
We happened to have fusilli on hand but any short cut pasta will work such as penne or bowties.
To dial up the flavor even further, I add fresh garlic, minced sun-dried tomatoes and quartered artichokes to the mix.
Before serving, I toss the chicken pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. It doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than that, am I right?
Your fork is waiting.
Italian Chicken Pasta with Artichokes
- 8 ounces DeLallo Whole Wheat Organic Pasta (any short cut such as fusilli, penne, bow-ties, etc.)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless cut in large chunks)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 13.75 ounces DeLallo Artichoke Quarters (drained )
- 16 pieces DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided )
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (minced)
- Cook DeLallo Whole Wheat Organic Pasta according to package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking liquid for later.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan. Saute chicken until browned, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from pan using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add the white wine to the hot pan to deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape up all the browned bits. Add the garlic to the pan and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds, before stirring in the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and reserved chicken cubes.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the pot along with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and parmesan cheese. If the pasta seems a bit dry, add in a little of the reserved starchy cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste before stirring in the basil before serving. Serve warm.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Want more delicious and healthy dinner ideas?? Head over to my Pinterest board!