In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, why not serve up a tasty green side dish this weekend? I’m sure the Irish won’t be offended if you add a few Italian herbs and spices to the mix. It is no secret that I love roasting vegetables to help release the natural sugars and boost flavor. Other great vegetables for roasting include:
Sesame Roasted Cauliflower
Herb Roasted Apples, Carrots and Onions
Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
Your fork is waiting.
Italian Herb Roasted Broccoli
- 8 c broccoli cut in long florets
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs Parmesan (garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, coat broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle on all dried spices (oregano through pepper.)
- Mix well – use your hands for this or get the kids involved!
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Garnish with fresh Parmesan.
This was a great recipe. Wonderful combination of herbs, spices to use for broccoli.
Can you do this in an air fryer?
You probably could i never have though!