This quick and easy vegetarian side dish recipe is made with eggplant, potatoes, onions, and other veggies baked until caramelized in olive oil and fresh herbs.
I’m always looking for new side dish recipes that squeeze in a serving or two of vegetables. These Greek roasted vegetables are a family favorite. Quick, easy, and PACKED with flavor – it’s going to be your new favorite vegetarian side dish. Just wait.
To make, start by chopping all of your favorite vegetables into large cubes. We love using eggplant, red onions, potatoes, and peppers but feel free to use ANY vegetables you have on hand.
Next, mince fresh oregano and any other fresh herbs you have on hand. Rosemary, thyme or parsley would be great as well.
Lastly, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to evenly coat all of the vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes of course! Dried herbs are more potent than fresh so if you’re using dried, reduce by 1/3-1/2. For example, for 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano use 1 teaspoon dried.
Yes absolutely – it tastes great the next day or two. Simply reheat when needed. Will last in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
When roasting vegetables, the high cooking temperature brings out the natural sugars resulting in sweet, caramelized vegetables. For example, roasted garlic is sweet and tender, not spicy or bitter.
Before serving, I recommend garnishing with additional fresh herbs if you have on hand.
What should I serve with these Greek Roasted Vegetables?
Here are a few of my favorite dishes to serve with these roasted veggies:
- Gluten-Free Greek Meatballs
- Grilled Souvlaki Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Baked White Fish
- Lebanese Hushwee
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
Your fork is waiting.
Greek Roasted Vegetables
- 1 medium eggplant cubed
- 1 red onion cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 red bell peppers seeded and diced
- 8 garlic cloves peeled, whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scatter all the vegetables and garlic cloves on the prepared baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh herbs and chili flakes. Toss well then bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if you wish before serving.
Want more healthy recipes? Head over to Pinterest!