This simple and flavorful pasta salad is made with just a few simple ingredients including whole wheat pasta, pesto, green beans and corn.
I love eating seasonally because when you food that is fresh and at peak freshness it requires very little work on your end. Case in point: this simple five ingredient pesto pasta salad made with sweet corn and fresh green beans.
Basil is often growing like weeds this time of year so I always have a batch of my homemade pesto on hand or in the freezer to quickly toss into pasta, soups, salads and more. Right now my farmers market is overflowing with green beans and corn but this pasta recipe would be delicious with any number of fresh vegetable like zucchini, tomatoes, grilled eggplant and more.
Extremely versatile, this pasta dish could be served warm with grilled chicken for a fast and easy dinner or served chilled as a picnic-ready side dish. Ideal for making ahead of time, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Your fork is waiting.
Pesto Pasta Salad with Green Beans and Corn
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne (or short cut pasta of choice)
- 2 cups green beans (cut in 2″ pieces)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salty water to a roaring boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the green beans and corn to the pot 2 minutes before the pasta is estimated to be done cooking.
- Drain the pasta, beans and corn in a strainer and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle in the pesto and toss well to combine. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste (or more pesto if you wish!)
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese to serve.
6 thoughts on “Pesto Pasta Salad with Green Beans and Corn”
I made this today for a Father’s Day cookout and it was delicious! I made it just the way it reads but doubled the recipe. Thank you so much!
Hi Brenda! Thanks for sharing, we’re so glad to hear that it turned out wonderful for your family!
I have bookmarked it as it looks like a really good dish for a busy week as it is health and fast.
Thank you so much!
This salad sounds great. I also like the idea of it with something like grilled eggplant. My husband might actually eat pesto this way if it is the dressing for a salad (he didn’t like it when I made green beans with pesto – said it was “too frilly”).
Ahhh yes grilled eggplant would be a great addition! My husband loves grilled eggplant too – I might try it soon!