This super easy Mexican slaw has my favorite ingredients of cilantro, cumin, and lime with a tangy vinaigrette dressing. A perfect complement to any meal!
One of my favorite ways to maintain my long term weight loss success is to load up on crunchy, hearty veggies at mealtime.
Low in calorie and full of fiber, veggies like cabbage, carrots, and scallions help fill you up without weighing you down.
Hate chopping? Let your food processor do the work and use the slicing attachment. Add any veggies you have on hand (zucchini, green cabbage, broccoli, celery, etc.) and in minutes you will have a giant bowl of nutrition.
Whatever you do, skip the creepy mayo-based salad at the deli counter. My tangy and sweet honey-lime vinaigrette is so flavorful, I promise you won’t miss the store-bought slaw dressing.
Your fork is waiting.
Mexican Slaw with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 5 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 medium red pepper cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced & optional
- Wisk together vinaigrette in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Add all slaw ingredients to the bowl and toss well to combine.
Want more flavorful Mexican inspired dishes? Check out my Pinterest board!