Tender, delicious and loaded in health benefits it is hard to resist this pork and asparagus stir fry.
May in Michigan means one thing: asparagus season!!
1) Antioxidants: Asparagus is loaded in antioxidants which help neutralize the effects of damaging free-radicals. In other words: it fights off cancer!
2) Amino Acids act as a natural diuretic which helps the body release fluids and rid the body of excess salt.
3) Anti-Aging: This tasty veggie may help fight cognitive decline.
4) Vitamins: From fiber to folate to Vitamin K – this veggie is jam-packed with powerful nutrients.
Your fork is waiting.
Pork & Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 lb pork tenderloin cut in cubes
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbs Shaohsing or sherry Chinese rice cooking wine
- 1/4 c soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbs fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tbs chili garlic paste
- 1 in bunch asparagus sliced 1″ thick
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 c scallions diced
- Toasted sesame seeds optional garnish
- In a medium bowl, wisk together corn starch, garlic, Shaoshing wine and 2 tbs soy sauce.
- Add pork cubes and set aside to marinade for at least 15 minutes or longer (in the fridge.)
- Once pork has marinated, heat a wok or a large saute pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ginger and chili paste and heat for 30 seconds to release flavors.
- Toss in asparagus and saute for 2-3 minutes; remove from pan.
- Add pork and all of the soy marinade into the pan and stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Add remaining 2 tbs soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Toss in the reserved asparagus and sesame oil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.