Creamy horseradish sauce can be topped with crispy potato pancakes to provide the perfect contrast of flavors in every bite.
Hanukkah is always a fun time of year for my family but this year is particularly special. Not only do we have a perfectly valid excuse to eat fried foods for 8 days straight but it also happens to coincide with my little sister’s 30th birthday!
That’s her in the middle which is fitting since she is the middle sister of us three. My youngest sister Anne is on the left holding my niece Aria who didn’t feel like taking a selfie.
Since I’ve already shared my Papa Leo’s secrets to perfect potato latkes, I thought it would be nice to share a delicious accompaniment: Creamy Horseradish Sauce. It is as simple as can be – plain Greek yogurt and a few other pantry staples.
The end result is a zippy, slightly spicy and perfectly creamy sauce that pairs perfectly with the crispy, salty potato pancakes. It’s a good thing Hanukkah is only 8 days because let me tell you, they most certainly fall into the “worth the calories” category.
Your fork is waiting.
Creamy Horseradish Sauce with Potato Latkes
- 4 servings Traditional Potato Latkes prepared as directed
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- While you are preparing your potato latkes mix together the Creamy Horseradish Sauce ingredients: Greek yogurt, horseradish, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve the latkes.
- Serve each pancake with a dollop of Creamy Horseradish Sauce and garnish with minced chives if you wish.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term partnership with UDIM. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.