Shrimp is tossed with olive oil, lemon and garlic then roasted in a sheet pan until firm and bright pink. Ready in 15-minutes!
When it comes to cooking the perfect meal, I’m always in search of dishes that are healthy, fast-cooking, and versatile. This lemon garlic roasted sheet pan shrimp fits all of the above and more.
Cooking seafood at home can be a bit daunting for some. It seems we all love ordering seafood when we dine out but are hesitant to cook seafood at home. What’s amazing is that seafood is very fast cooking and easier to make than most other forms of protein.
Tips when cooking shrimp at home:
Before seasoning or cooking shrimp, scallops or any form of protein, I highly recommend patting it dry with a paper towel first. This is especially true for seafood that has been previously frozen and likely has retained a bit of water. By removing this excess water you will end up with a better end product.
To create this pan-roasted shrimp simply toss raw shrimp in a bowl with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Of course, this is just one way to season the pan-roasted shrimp. Feel free to get creative and add in any of your favorite spices or herbs.
This shrimp can be served with rice pilaf and a salad, roasted potatoes, and veggies tossed in pasta or with mashed sweet potatoes. The options are truly endless. It could also be chilled and served with cocktail sauce.
Frequently asked questions:
How long does shrimp take to cook?
Shrimp is extremely fast cooking and easy to make. In fact, it cooks in as little as 8 minutes. You’ll know it’s cooked when it turns bright pink and firm to the touch.
How long will shrimp stay fresh after being cooked?
This shrimp will be good for up to 2 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What is the best temperature for roasting shrimp in a sheet pan?
I recommend roasting shrimp in a 400-degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. You’ll know it’s done when it turns pink and is firm to the touch.
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Tomatoes and Olives
- Chicken and Acorn Squash Sheet Pan Dinner
Your fork is waiting.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and pat dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Drizzle shrimp with olive oil and toss with lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 8-10 minutes or until bright pink and firm.
Looking for more easy & healthy dinner ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!