These protein-packed hummus quinoa patties are naturally vegan and made with creamy hummus, corn, and jalapenos.
When it comes to holiday cooking, there are times when you need to stick with the classics and other times when you can bend the rules a bit. Friendsgiving is one of my favorite occasions for adding unique twists to the holiday dinner table.
A bit more relaxed, informal and fun than traditional sit-down holiday meals, Friendsgiving is the ideal opportunity to serve these Hummus Quinoa Fritters with Corn and Jalapeños.
Ideal for an appetizer or as a unique side dish, these quinoa fritters are ideal for entertaining because they are naturally gluten-free and vegan. Instead of the traditional bread crumbs and egg binder, Sabra hummus keeps all of the ingredients together.
If you want to serve these quinoa fritters as an appetizer, simply form them into one or two-bite sized patties.
Alternatively, you can shape them into larger patties if you prefer to serve them as a side dish to the holiday meal.
Can hummus quinoa patties be made in advance?
Absolutely! Simply prepare them up to two days in advance and reheat in the oven before serving.
Made with hearty quinoa, sweet corn, spicy jalapeño, creamy hummus and a bit of lime zest, these quinoa fritters are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
Want to keep them mild? Simply remove the seeds and pith from the jalapeño before incorporating them. You can even skip it entirely. There are no rules here so get creative and make them your own!
Your fork is waiting. Looking for other options to use with hummus? Check out these amazing recipes!
- Quinoa Fritters with Pesto and Goat Cheese
- Roasted Garlic Hummus Mashed Potatoes
- Chipotle Hummus Stuffed Potato Bites
- Warm Hummus with Ground Lamb and Pomegranate
Vegan Hummus Quinoa Patties
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions using chicken or vegetable broth instead of water if you wish. Fluff with a fork when it's done cooking then remove quinoa from pot and place in a medium bowl. Let quinoa cool slightly.
- To the bowl with the cooked quinoa, add all remaining ingredients. If the mixture seems wet, sprinkle in a little almond flour to absorb moisture.
- Form mixture into patties – any size you wish. If you're serving as the main course, make them slightly larger. If you want them to be bite-sized for an appetizer, make them about the size of two tablespoons.
- Preheat griddle or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray or use a little oil. Cook patties for 5-6 minutes per side. Note: if they fall apart slightly simply push them back/re-shape into patties. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
Disclosure: This recipe is written in partnership with Sabra. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Sabra wants to help you bring your friends together for an unforgettable Friendsgiving. Visit their Pinterest board for recipes, décor, ideas, and more inspiration here.