Skinny jean season is right around the corner so in lieu of eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream every day, I have created rich, chewy and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls. Full of protein, fiber and nutrients, they are the perfect pre or post-workout snack. Even better? I promise they will nip your chocolate peanut butter craving right in the bud.
Bananas are one of my son’s favorite snacks and as a result, we always seem to have them in the house. Perhaps it’s the inner-hoarder in me but I am always buying a few more than we need which results in perfectly ripe leftover bananas each week.
Secretly, I am thrilled, because ripe bananas are one of my favorite ways to naturally sweeten oatmeal, smoothies, muffins and more.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes using leftover bananas:
Your ripe bananas are waiting.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 ball
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated fat: .3 g
- Unsaturated fat: 1.8 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Mash banana in a medium bowl and add in cocoa powder, peanut butter, flax, protein powder and a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to mash with fork until all ingredients are fully combined. (May seem dry at first but keep mashing!)
- Stir in oats using a rubber spatula to combine edges of the bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scooper or two teaspoons, form into 12 balls and place on a plate lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap.