Made with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, this gluten-free berry crisp is topped with a cinnamon-spiced oat and walnut topping.
Berry season is getting closer and closer by the week and I couldn’t be more excited! We take our blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries quite seriously around here and if you’ve ever tasted a freshly picked Michigan berry you’ll know why.
Every summer we pick pounds and pounds of local berries to freeze for later in the year to use in smoothies, muffins, pies, and more. Inevitably, one of the first desserts we make with our freshly picked berries is a crisp.
Topped with a cinnamon-scented oat mixture and plenty of toasted walnuts, each bite is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and crunchy deliciousness. For added nutty flavor and texture, I made a gluten-free version using Bob’s Red Mill almond meal instead of all-purpose flour.
The result? Everything you love about berry crisp with the addition of a subtle nutty, toasty flavor from the almond meal. Think of it as berry crisp to the next level. Looking for other almond flour recipes? Try my almond flour blueberry muffins! They are a big hit as well.
Your fork is waiting.
Triple Berry Crisp (with Almond Flour)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place berries in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss together all remaining ingredients: oats through salt. Spread oat mixture evenly on top of berries.
- Bake until oat topping is golden brown and berries are warm and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Another healthy Dessert is waiting for you on Pinterest!