This fast and healthy cheeseburger meatloaf muffin recipe cooks in just 15 minutes and is naturally gluten free! The entire family will love these cheesy meatloaf cups!
As a mom of two boys and wife to a meat-and-potato loving husband, few meals are a guaranteed success quite like meatloaf. For years now, I’ve ditched the traditional bread pan and prefer to prepare my meatloaf in a 12-cup muffin pan. Not only is anything muffin-shaped more fun to eat, but it cooks in 1/3 of the time! In fact, these Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins are ready in just 15 minutes. As an added bonus, these meatloaf muffin cups are naturally gluten-free, high protein, and low carb.
- Ground beef: I like to use a ground sirloin, but a ground chuck or even ground turkey would also work.
- Garlic: Nutty, strong, aromatic flavor that pairs well with almost everything.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Adds a wonderful tart, acidic taste to the meatloaf.
- Grill seasoning: Typically a blend of salt, peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, and sometimes warm spices like chili powder and cumin.
- Parmesan cheese: Keeping this dish gluten free, the parmesan cheese both adds flavor and acts as a binder to help keep the meatloaf together.
- Green olives: Salty, tangy, and sometimes nutty flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce: Tangy, savory, and sweet it adds a great saucy flavor to the meatloaf reminiscent of a burger.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds a wonderful clean and peppery taste to the beef.
- Ketchup: The classic sauce to a meatloaf, as well as a classic condiment for a burger!
- Dijon: Mixed with the ketchup, it dresses up the typical sauce and adds a pungent flavor.
- Cheddar cheese: Classic cheesy flavor for a cheeseburger, melts on top of the meatloaf for wonderful flavor.
How to Make Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins
To make your cheeseburger meatloaf muffins, start by putting your ground beef into a large bowl.
Then use a microplane to grate your garlic cloves into the ground beef.
Add in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and grill seasoning.
Then drizzle in the Worcestershire sauce.
Next you’ll add the parmesan cheese.
And your minced green olives.
Finish with some salt and pepper and the fresh parsley,
Then use the best mixing tool you have to mix it all together: your hands!
Once the ingredients are all evenly incorporated, fill a prepared muffin tin with the meat mixture.
Then in a small bowl, mix together the ketchup and Dijon mustard.
Brush the sauce over the top of each meatloaf muffin.
Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of each muffin, and toss in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Let cool and remove from the muffin tin, serve garnished with extra parsley and enjoy your cheeseburger meatloaf muffins!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What keeps meatloaf from falling apart?
Binding agents, like breadcrumbs and eggs, are usually used in meatloaf. I use parmesan cheese in my meatloaf muffins!
How do I reheat meatloaf without drying it out?
Reheating in the oven will give you the best results, or spooning some broth over water over it before reheating.
How do you store leftover meatloaf?
Kept in an airtight container, store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Easy Dinners
- Sheet Pan Lebanese Chicken Shawarma
- Lebanese Rice Bowls with Hummus
- Easy Pan Seared Salmon
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with Bacon
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
Did you try this recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
The options are endless but the results will always be the same: a healthy and delicious dinner that comes together in less than 25 minutes.
Your fork is waiting.
Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins
- 24 ounces ground beef sirloin
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (minced)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup green olives (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, minced)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and have an non-stick muffin tin ready to go.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 8 ingredients (beef through parsley) with your hands until evenly incorporated. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins, gently shaping into small meat loaves.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and mustard. Brush each meat loaf cup evenly with sauce. Sprinkle each cup evenly with shredded cheese before baking in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
I like the idea of making them in muffin size. They are definitely fun to eat this way, but you can freeze the extra (if there are ever any) and heat them up for individual meals in a hurry.
Yes, very freezer friendly! Just make sure to use a freezer safe bag so they don’t get freezer burn.
Such a great idea! My boys would love this!
Mine devoured them!!
My family will love these muffins! They look so delicious!
They’re so tasty and easy!
Mmmmm that looks so good! You’re very smart, making them in a muffin tin. I can imagine these are easier to make ahead, too!
It’s nice to make them so quickly and yes they are great for making ahead!