A fast, easy and healthy dinner recipe, this flavorful Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry come together in just 20 minutes!
Hands down, one of our weekly go-to recipes is always some variation of an Asian stir-fry. Fast, easy, and full of protein and other nutrients, you really can’t go wrong with stir-fry, am I right?
With spring right around the corner, green beans are looking better and better and will only continue to be readily available as we head closer towards the summer months.
Of course, green beans can easily be swapped for asparagus, carrots, red peppers or any other crunchy veggie you happen to have on hand. That’s the best part about stir-fries, they can turn almost any vegetable into something magical.
My biggest piece of advice is to always keep a well stocked Asian pantry so that you’re never more than 20 minutes from a fresh, fast, easy and delicious dinner.
Your chop sticks are waiting.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups green beans trimmed and cut in 1 in. pieces
- ¼ cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- scallions and brown rice – to serve optional
- Pre-heat a wok or deep frying pan over high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper and stir-fry until brown, about 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
- Add green beans to the pan and toss until they start to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients: chicken broth through chili paste. Pour mixture into the wok and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Stir-fry until green beans are tender.
- Add chicken back to the wok and toss until heated through.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve over brown rice if you wish.
More Healthy and Easy Dinner Ideas are waiting for you!