This chocolate peanut butter chia seed pudding is a naturally vegan, high-protein breakfast or dessert recipe – ideal for prepping ahead!
Just when you thought I couldn’t come up with any other chocolate peanut butter combos, I decided to give one of my most popular vegan recipes, chia seed pudding, a major flavor boost!
This easy make-ahead breakfast recipe requires just a few simple pantry ingredients including chia seeds, cocoa powder and canned Thai-style coconut milk.
Of course, what takes it to the next level is that the pudding is sweetened with creamy natural peanut butter that I melt slightly in the microwave.
Best when prepared the night before, the pudding thickens in just about an hour or two. When you wake up in the morning, the end result is a thick, smooth, slightly crunchy breakfast pudding.
Before serving, I like to garnish with a little extra melted peanut butter but fresh berries, banana slices or crunchy walnuts would be great too.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter together as much as I do, be sure to check out a few of my other recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzled
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free!)
Your spoon is waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding
- Before opening can of coconut milk, shake well to help combine the milk solids with the liquid. Pour milk into a medium bowl.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwavable bowl and heat for 45 seconds to melt. Whisk melted peanut butter into the coconut milk along with cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Add chia seeds and whisk once more. Divide mixture between four glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, garnish with additional melted peanut butter and/or mini chocolate chips or fresh berries if you wish.
In need of more breakfast recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!