These chocolate peanut butter energy balls are full of protein and fiber to keep you full between meals and give you a pre or post-workout boost.
Skinny jean season is right around the corner so in lieu of eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream every day, I have created rich, chewy and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
Full of protein, fiber and nutrients, they are the perfect pre or post-workout snack. Even better? I promise they will nip your chocolate peanut butter craving right in the bud.
Bananas are one of my son’s favorite snacks and as a result, we always seem to have them in the house. Perhaps it’s the inner-hoarder in me but I am always buying a few more than we need which results in perfectly ripe leftover bananas each week.
Secretly, I am thrilled, because ripe bananas are one of my favorite ways to naturally sweeten oatmeal, smoothies, muffins and more.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes using leftover bananas:
Your ripe bananas are waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Mash banana in a medium bowl and add in cocoa powder, peanut butter, flax, protein powder and a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to mash with fork until all ingredients are fully combined. (May seem dry at first but keep mashing!)
- Stir in oats using a rubber spatula to combine edges of the bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scooper or two teaspoons, form into 12 balls and place on a plate lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
There are more healthy snack options on my Pinterest board!