These chocolate peanut butter energy balls are full of protein and fiber to keep you full between meals and give you a pre or post-workout boost.
When you live with two growing boys as I do, there is no such thing as having too many snacks in the house. Am I right? Of course, the primary battle is having plenty of healthy and nutritious options available which is why I have created these rich, chewy, and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
Full of protein, fiber, and nutrients, they are the perfect pre or post-workout snack. Even better? I promise they will nip your chocolate peanut butter craving right in the bud.
Naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, these energy balls are naturally vegan and gluten-free. Bananas are one of my son’s favorite snacks and as a result, we always seem to have them in the house. Perhaps it’s the inner-hoarder in me but I am always buying a few more than we need which results in perfectly ripe leftover bananas each week.
Secretly, I am thrilled, because ripe bananas are one of my favorite ways to naturally sweeten oatmeal, smoothies, muffins and more.
They will stay fresh for up to 7 days – if they last that long!
Recipes utilizing leftover bananas:
- Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oat Protein Pancakes
- Carrot Apple Ginger Green Smoothie
Your ripe bananas are waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Mash banana in a medium bowl and add in cocoa powder, peanut butter, flax, protein powder and a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to mash with fork until all ingredients are fully combined. (May seem dry at first but keep mashing!)
- Stir in oats using a rubber spatula to combine edges of the bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scooper or two teaspoons, form into 12 balls and place on a plate lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap.
There are more healthy snack options on my Pinterest board!