Bright lemon juice and fruity olive oil pairs perfectly with fresh garlic and Dijon mustard to make this simple, homemade salad dressing.
A green salad dressed with a simple homemade vinaigrette has been on our dinner table my entire life. Why buy bottled dressing when you can combine basic kitchen staples to create a flavorful vinaigrette in minutes? Not only will you save money, but you can control the ingredients. This Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette is made with just a handful of common pantry items. If you’re used to bottled dressing, you will be blown away at how flavorful a salad becomes when tossed with fresh, vibrant flavors.
- Dijon mustard: Tangy, sharp, and strong flavor that shines through the dressing.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and a little spicy in flavor.
- Lemon juice: Fresh, bright, acidic flavor that balances out the dressing.
- Olive oil: Fruity, earthy, and the classic dressing for salad.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
Start your Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette by putting the Dijon mustard into a small bowl. Then use a microplane or cheese grater to add fresh garlic to the bowl.
Next, freshly squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Start whisking together the dressing.
Slowly add the olive oil and keep whisking until dressing is emulsified.
Pour your Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette into a small pitcher or dressing boat, drizzle over your favorite salad, and enjoy!
Change It Up
Want a little sweetness? Add honey. Not a fan of garlic? Skip it. Have fresh thyme around? Throw it in. Get creative and make it your own!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does this dressing keep?
This vinaigrette can be made ahead and stored in in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Chicken Tawook Fattoush Salad
- Middle Eastern Syrian Salad
- Wedge Salad with Bacon
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Traditional Greek Salad
If you want to enjoy salads but struggle, this Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette will convert you. The whole family will have no trouble inhaling large bowls of salad.
Your fork is waiting.
Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (whole grain or traditional)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon, grated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in lemon juice and continue whisking to combine. Gradually add olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
- To check for seasoning, dip a piece of lettuce in the dressing and add salt or pepper if needed.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle over salad and toss lightly until greens are evenly coated.