Bright lemon and fruity olive oil pairs perfectly with fresh garlic and dijon mustard to make this simple homemade salad dressing.
As I’ve mentioned before, a green salad dressed with a simple homemade vinaigrette has been on our dinner table my entire life. Why buy bottled dressing when you can combine basic pantry staples to create a flavorful vinaigrette in minutes? Not only will you save money but you can control the ingredients. Besides, who wants to spend money on corn syrup and other fillers? That’s no fun. ;)
This Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette is made with just a handful of common household ingredients: mustard, garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. If you’re used to bottled dressing, you will be blown away at how flavorful a salad becomes when tossed with fresh, vibrant flavors. Homemade salad dressings are also an ideal when dealing with common food allergies such as gluten, dairy or nuts.
Want a little sweetness? Add honey. Not a fan of garlic? Skip it. Have fresh thyme around? Throw it in. Get creative and make it your own!
Want more delicious salad recipes? Here are a few of my favorites.
Now sit back and relax while your family devours giant bowls of salad.
Your fork is waiting.
Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard whole grain or traditional
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon, grated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour in lemon juice and continue whisking to combine. Gradually add olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
- To check for seasoning, dip a piece of lettuce in the dressing and add salt or pepper if needed.
- When you're ready to serve, drizzle over salad and toss lightly until greens are evenly coated.