This flavorful and tangy Dill Ranch Dressing is made with just a few simple ingredients including plain yogurt, fresh dill, and lemon juice. Ready in just 10 minutes, it’s the perfect complement to any salad or dip for veggies.
I am proud to say that I only use homemade salad dressings. They’re fresh, healthier, and much lower in calories. They also come together quicker than the time it would take you to run to the store. Most of the time I already have the ingredients I need in my pantry, and it’s amazing how simple it can be to make! My Dill Ranch Dressing is a favorite of mine, and is inspired by a dressing I used to get on a salad in college at a diner in Cambridge. It’s packed full of fresh dill which makes it a bit tangier than your classic ranch, but delicious on any salad or raw veggies.
- Yogurt: I like to use plain yogurt as the base of my ranch instead of mayonnaise for what I find to be a creamier dressing. You could probably still use mayo, but it’d change the flavor and calories.
- Olive oil: Emulsifies with the yogurt and lemon juice to make the base of the dressing.
- Fresh dill: Dill tastes great and has a host of health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Lemon juice: Adds bright, acidic flavor that pairs well with the fresh dill.
- Garlic: Adds to the classic ranch flavor with it’s aromatic, nutty taste.
- Horseradish: Adds just a kick of heat and rounds out the flavor profile on this homemade ranch dressing.
- Worcestershire: A sweet and salty sauce that adds body and umami.
How to Make Dill Ranch Dressing
Start your ranch by mincing your fresh dill along with any other fresh herbs you might want to include (like parsley or chives). Then take your plain yogurt and put it in a medium bowl with your horseradish and garlic.
Then add the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce as well.
Next add the fresh dill and season with some kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully combined.
Drizzle your Dill Ranch Dressing over you favorite salad of leafy greens and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does ranch have dill in it?
Classic ranch dressing usually has a couple different herbs in it, including dill.
What does dill ranch taste like?
Most ranch dressings have dill, but a dill ranch is usually much tangier and sour as it really ups that dill flavor
How long does homemade dressing last?
This ranch dressing will last in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container. Vinaigrettes typically last longer, closer to two weeks.
Other Healthy Dressings
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Avocado Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Light Blue Cheese Dressing
Eat It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this dressing and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
Lower in calories and higher in flavor, you’re going to love this fresh Dill Ranch Dressing. Once you start making homemade salad dressing, you’ll never go back to store-bought!
Your fork is waiting.
Dill Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients and enjoy with salad greens of choice.