Every Sunday, I love to fire up the grill and cook a large batch of chicken souvlaki. We enjoy it for dinner that evening with grilled veggies and save leftovers for later in the week.
Extra chicken perks tastes delicious in a big green salad. You could also use leftovers in a pita sandwich with a tasty cucumber yogurt sauce to take to lunch the next day.
Not a fan of chicken? Try this recipe with pork tenderloin, veggies (eggplant, zucchini, squash, onions) or pork shoulder.
Whatever you do, be sure to make extras for lunch later in the week. You won’t be sorry.
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts 2 in chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch sized chunks and place in a large zip loc bag.
- In a small bowl, wisk together marinade and pour over chicken.
- Marinade 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to grill, heat over medium-high heat rotating once until chicken is cooked through about 4 minutes per side.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl // Photography by Alejandro Photography
Want more summer grilling ideas? Head over to my Pinterest board for delicious dinner recipes!