Loaded with Omega 3’s and ready in under 30 minutes, this grilled salmon with lemon garlic sauce is sure to please any palate.
My husband and I first discovered wild sockeye salmon during a trip we took to Seattle years back when we were dating. Our vacation just so happened to take place in May, right as the wild sockeye season was in full swing.
On the color side, wild salmon has a darker red color over farmed salmon. When you taste wild salmon has a deeper flavor than farmed salmon and nutrition-wise farmed salmon has similar nutritional benefits but is typically fattier.
To our delight, we dined on the most flavorful, rich and tender salmon of our lives. The recipe I’m sharing with you today brings back so many great memories of Seattle.
No sockeye salmon available? No worries – this recipe works well with any type of salmon or fish. When possible, always purchase wild salmon but don’t skip the fatty fish if it’s not available. In fact, studies show that the health benefits of wild salmon outweigh the potential risks of purchasing farm-raised salmon.
Other Salmon Recipes
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Salmon with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 20 oz salmon cut in 3-4 oz filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat a grill (or grill pan) on high heat.
- Season flesh side of the salmon with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- When grill is hot, spray with non-stick grilling spray.
- Place salmon on the grill and cook about 5-6 minutes per side until you reach your desired level of doneness. (I like mine a little pink, especially when it’s high quality sockeye.)
- While fish is cooking, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice/zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over the fish before serving.
Want more HOT grilled meal ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!