Today’s chicken recipe is one of my favorite quick and easy go-to marinades. All of the ingredients can be found right in your pantry and it only takes minutes to prepare. If you throw everything in a plastic bag and grill the meat – you create no dishes preparing the dish! This recipe serves 4 but I encourage you to make extras. Leftover chicken tastes fabulous in a sandwich, salad or wrap.
Need a quick side dish to go with the chicken? Prepare brown rice and stir in fresh scallions and a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce. My favorite brown rice is Nishiki Sushi Grade Brown Rice. You can find it at any Asian market or purchase online. After many years of eating dull, mushy Uncle Ben’s brown rice, this variety of brown rice is a welcome change of pace. The firm texture and chewy bite make it well worth the 50 minutes it takes to prepare. My tip? Throw it in a rice cooker and you can literally walk away and forget about it until dinner time. My husband absolutely loves it and always asks for seconds.
Your fork is waiting.
Lemon Soy Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz chicken breasts about 6 oz each
- 4 tbs soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 Juice of lemon about ¼ cup
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a large zip-lock bag and marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or as long as you wish.
- Grill on medium high heat until chicken breasts are fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Leftovers taste great in sandwiches or on salads.