There is no easier or more delicious dinner than roasted chicken. Made with simple pantry spices you already have on hand, you will want to make this easy chicken dinner recipe again and again.
I always have a few packs of chicken on hand to cook for salads, soups or to devour as an entree. As a busy mom, roasting is one of my favorite methods for chicken recipes — it’s versatile, hands-off and always results in crispy, delicious chicken.
Roasted chicken is juicy, flavorful and ideal for meal prep. Using only a few simple spices I have on hand, I can serve up a tasty protein that lasts multiple meals.
Ingredients in Roasted Chicken Pieces
Once you make my roasted chicken pieces recipe, you’ll want to add it to your weekly rotation. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole chicken: Gives you a variety of chicken meat (legs, thighs, etc.) to enjoy. You can also use pre-cut chicken if that’s what you have on hand.
- Worcestershire sauce: Adds deep flavor — sour, sweet, spicy and brings a unique umami flavor, which comes from anchovies or soy sauce.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder adds a subtle, full flavor alongside tangy lemon pepper and seasoning salt. Meanwhile, paprika and cayenne add a mild, spicy kick. Modify the spices with seasoning in your cabinet as needed, or use up a special chicken rub you may have on hand.
How to Make Roasted Chicken Pieces
First, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. If you’re starting with a whole chicken, cut it into two breast halves, two thighs, two drumsticks, and two wings. Lay the bird on its back and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Second, add seasoning. You can either mix all the spices together in a small bowl or sprinkle across the top of the meat in an oven-ready pan. Add regular salt and seasoning salt first — salt never fails in making meat tastier and juicier!
Third, add lemon pepper seasoning. If you’re exploring spices and haven’t cooked with lemon pepper before, you will love the tangy and spicy flavor. Lemon pepper is a combination of ground lemon zest, cracked black peppercorns and smaller amounts of other appetizing ingredients like garlic.
Fourth, add garlic powder. Garlic powder is basically dehydrated garlic cloves that have been ground into fine particles. Sweeter and less bold than fresh garlic, garlic powder brings just the right amount of flavor in this recipe.
Fifth, add smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. The rich, smoky flavor of the paprika and spice of the cayenne pepper add a mild, spicy kick to this chicken.
Next, add Worcestershire sauce for a tangy, savory, sweet and salty punch. Worcestershire is a popular condiment because of its uniqueness and umami flavor, which comes from anchovies.
Roast the chicken for 45-55 minutes or until it reaches an internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees or higher. By roasting chicken skin-on, the fats naturally baste the meat keeping it super tender and juicy.
Once the chicken is done roasting, let it rest for 10 minutes so the juices can redistribute. Finally, serve and devour as is (Warning: You may not want to share this!) or store it to enjoy all week.
Frequently Asked Questions
What recipes do you recommend to serve this with?
This recipe would work great on a salad, like this wedge salad with bacon & blue cheese dressing, or paired with another roasted side dish, like this honey chipotle glazed butternut squash.
How long does roasted chicken last in the fridge?
This will last for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can freeze it for up to four months.
What’s the best way to reheat roasted chicken?
Reheat this in the oven at 350°F until it’s warmed through. You can wrap it in aluminum foil to help retain the moisture. Remember, you shouldn’t reheat chicken more than once.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @TheLemonBowl on Instagram to be featured!
If you loved this recipe, I highly recommend checking out these related recipes:
- Easy Chicken Soup with Greens
- Lemon Pepper Baked Chicken
- One Pan Roasted Chicken with Broccoli
- Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Lemon and Soy Sauce Marinated Chicken Breasts
- Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
Your fork is waiting.
Easy Roasted Chicken Pieces
- 1 3-4 pound whole chicken (cut into pieces (breasts, thighs, legs, etc.))
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning salt (any brand)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- If starting with a whole chicken, cut the chicken into 8 pieces (two breasts, two wings, two legs and two thighs.) Pat dry with paper towel then place in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices: garlic powder, lemon pepper, seasoning salt, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt. Sprinkle mixture all over chicken including underneath the skin. Don't be afraid to get up in there.
- Splash the Worcestershire sauce all over the chicken.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until chicken reaches internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees or higher. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
4 thoughts on “Easy Roasted Chicken Pieces”
Hi, i dont have lemon pepper and all-purpose seasoning salt, what can i sibstitute for that? Thank you.
You can make your own lemon-pepper with lemon juice or lemon zest and ground black pepper. In place of seasoning salt, increase the amount of salt and garlic powder, and add a bit of onion powder and paprika.
Will it be okay and be tastier if i marinate it overnight with my improvised lemon pepper? Thanks
If you have the time, I think it’s always better to marinate overnight!