A quick and easy weeknight dinner, roasted salmon is brushed with a fresh and flavorful honey mustard sauce the whole family will love.
We grew up eating seafood several nights a week, and my mom’s Honey Mustard Salmon was always one of my favorites. This simple 5-ingredient recipe is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner, as it takes almost no time at all. Don’t let cooking seafood at home scare you, it’s super easy!
- Salmon: Naturally protein-packed and full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is actually delicious and nutritious.
- Honey: Naturally sweet, it makes for a wonderfully balanced glaze for the fish.
- Whole grain mustard: You could get away with using whatever you have on hand, but I’d recommend whole grain or dijon mustard.
- Lemon juice: This bright, acidic flavor pairs wonderfully with fish and seafood.
- Garlic: Earthy, nutty, and sometimes spicy, it adds incredible flavor to anything it’s paired with.
How to Make Honey Mustard Salmon
Start by putting your salmon filets skin side down in a large glass baking dish sprayed with cooking oil, and season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, you’ll whisk the mustard, honey, lemon juice, and garlic until combined. Then brush evenly over the salmon until coated in the sauce.
Throw in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes, serve garnished with fresh parsley or chives, and enjoy your Honey Mustard Salmon!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you grill Honey Mustard Salmon?
To cook this salmon on the grill, replace the glass baking dish with an oiled piece of aluminum foil. Follow the instructions as usual, but then throw on the grill on high heat for about 12 minutes.
How do you season salmon before cooking?
It’s best to always start with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper, but then you can add all sorts of different sauces, glazes, or dry rubs.
How do I store leftover salmon?
Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Lebanese Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli
- Lemon Dill Green Beans
- Syrian Salad
- Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers
- Greek Brown Rice Salad
Did you try this seafood recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
If cooking seafood at home has ever intimidated you, I promise that my Honey Mustard Salmon will prove to you just how simple and easy it can be.
Your fork is waiting.
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 4 six ounce- salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (or dijon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place each salmon filet in the baking dish, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, lemon, garlic, and salt/pepper. Use a spoon or brush to coat each filet evenly with the honey mustard sauce.
- Roast salmon 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges to serve.