A quick and easy weeknight dinner, roasted salmon is brushed with a fresh and flavorful honey mustard sauce the whole family will love. 5 ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need.
We grew up eating seafood several nights a week and my mom’s honey mustard salmon was always one of my favorites. This simple 5-ingredient recipe is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner but fancy enough to serve the company.
Many people love to order seafood in restaurants but are intimidated to cook it at home. The truth is, fish is practically fool-proof and so easy to prepare on your own.
Quick-cooking and extremely versatile, salmon and other seafood can be flavored with any spices or fresh herbs you have on hand.
How do you make honey mustard?
It’s relatively simple. All you need to do is combine honey and either whole grain or dijon mustard.
Naturally protein-packed and full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is one of our go-to weeknight dinners.
Your fork is waiting.
Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
- 4 six ounce- salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (or dijon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place each salmon filet in the baking dish, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, lemon, garlic and salt/pepper. Use a basting brush to coat each filet evenly with the honey mustard sauce.
- Roast salmon 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges to serve.