5 ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need for this fresh and healthy honey mustard roasted salmon.
We grew up eating seafood several nights a week and my mom’s honey mustard salmon was always one of my favorites. This simple 5-ingredient recipe is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner but fancy enough to serve company.
Many people love to order seafood in restaurants but are intimidated to cook it at home. The truth is, fish is practically fool-proof and so easy to prepare on your own. Quick cooking and extremely versatile, salmon and other seafood can be flavored with any spices or fresh herbs you have on hand.
Naturally protein-packed and full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is one of our go-to week night dinners. We enjoy eating it grilled, pan-seared and of course roasted. Serve with rice pilaf and a quick green salad and dinner is done.
Your fork is waiting.
- 4 six ounce- salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard or dijon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place each salmon filet in the baking dish, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, lemon, garlic and salt/pepper. Use a basting brush to coat each filet evenly with the honey mustard sauce.
- Roast salmon 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges to serve.
What is your favorite way to prepare salmon? Here are a few other ideas to get you started:
Spicy Glazed Salmon from Everyday Maven
Salmon with Brown Butter, Almonds & Capers from Recipe Girl
Salmon Cake Sliders from Completely Delicious
Balsamic Ginger Salmon from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Pan Seared Blackened Salmon with Citrus Salsa from Aggie’s Kitchen