Shrimp is roasted in the oven with olive oil, salt and garlic then drizzled with lemon juice in this fast and easy 10 minute seafood recipe.
Welcome to 2017, my friends! Gosh – just typing that out is crazy to me. I am so damn thankful to be in my seventh year of blogging and still can’t believe this is my job. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
How were your holidays?? Did you travel? Stay home and cook delicious foods? Host parties? No matter how you rang in the new year, if you’re anything like me, I’m guessing you’re ready for a little reset.
Well guess what? You’re in luck because today Dara and I kick off our THIRD annual healthy living challenge newly rebranded to 28 Days to a Healthier New You! Having both maintained long term weight loss success, we are very passionate about helping others reach their own healthy living goals. Whether that means finally losing those pesky 15 pounds, getting more muscle definition or eating higher quality nutrients to help prevent disease later in life, we want to help.
This fast and easy 10-minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp is the ultimate healthy recipe to lead us into our first weekly challenge: Cook at Home More Often. So what does that look like? We challenge you to replace one takeout, drive-through or restaurant meal consumed a week with one home-cooked meal.
Perhaps that means blending your own protein smoothie at home instead of grabbing a muffin at the coffee shop, prepping a big batch of soup on your day off to eat throughout the week or stocking up on 5-ingredient recipes to avoid being tempted by the takeout menu.
No matter how you decide to cook at home more often, be sure to join our free private Facebook group where over 1,000 others have already committed to #28DaysNewYou. And in the meantime, grab this fast shrimp recipe and start cooking at home more often this week! Also, be sure to check out Dara’s healthy stuffed peppers!
Your fork is waiting.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 24 ounces Simple Truth Shrimp raw peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scatter the shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and chili flakes. Toss well to make sure shrimp is evenly coated. Roast until bright pink and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- Drizzle with lemon juice before serving.