The ultimate appetizer or snack recipe, little potatoes are sliced Hasselback style, roasted until golden then drizzled with a lemon-garlic tahini sauce.
My boys love potatoes and since I always have them on hand, it is one of our go-to ingredients for a quick side dish, appetizer or soup. One reason we love Little Potato Company is because the potatoes come pre-washed and you don’t have to do any peeling. Music to this busy mama’s ears!
Lately, my six year old has been going through a major growth spurt and has been eating almost around-the-clock! Since I don’t want him to load up on junk after school, I decided to come up with a healthy and satisfying snack recipe which is how I created these Little Hasselback Potatoes with Tahini Sauce.
If you’ve never tried making Hasselback style potatoes, it couldn’t be easier. You simply slice little slits in the potatoes, about 3/4 of the way through, leaving the potato in tact. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then they’re ready to bake until crispy.
While the potatoes bake, I whisk together a simple tahini sauce made with lemon juice and garlic. My kids love hummus so it’s no surprise they love this sauce as well. In fact, it’s delicious over any roasted veggie.
Your fork is waiting.
Little Hasselback Potatoes with Tahini Sauce
- 24 Dynamic Duo or other Little Potato Company variety potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Carefully slice the potatoes Hasselback style, being careful not to slice all the way through so the potatoes remain in-tact.
- Gently brush the potatoes with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper before roasting until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, whisk together the tahini sauce: tahini through warm water. If the sauce is too thick, add more warm water working 1 tablespoon at a time. Check for seasoning and add more salt or pepper to taste if needed.
- To serve, drizzle the potatoes with the tahini sauce or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Brand Ambassador for The Little Potato Company. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out my Pinterest board for more side dish recipes!