A sweet and salty snack you will be making again and again – nothing is more crowd-pleasing or delicious than peanut butter drizzled popcorn.
Movie night from the comfort of home is an easy and fun activity for my family, especially during the colder months when its harder to spend time outside. This Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn is my favorite snack when it comes to craving something sweet, and it adds some added fun to movie or game night! Sweet, salty, crunchy goodness in every bite – you will be licking your fingers by the time you reach the bottom of the bowl.
- Popcorn kernels: while you could use unflavored microwave popcorn, I’d recommend popping kernels on the stove or in a popcorn popper! Yellow or white popcorn will work.
- Peanut butter: A perfect balance of nutty, sweet, and salty flavor while also being a great source of protein.
- Salt: Enhances the flavors of the peanut butter and popcorn.
How to Make Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn
Start your peanut butter drizzled popcorn by popping your popcorn kernels either on the stove or in an air popper.
Then pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
Then sprinkle with some salt to taste.
Put the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 30-40 seconds to melt it, then drizzle it over the top of the popcorn.
Stir or toss well until popcorn is evenly coated.
Drizzle until coated to your liking, serve, and enjoy! Peanut butter drizzled popcorn is best served still warm.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What toppings can you put on popcorn?
There are all sorts of sweet and salty combos you can try. The classic butter is an easy go-to, or I also have a chocolate peanut butter popcorn recipe as well!
How do I add melted butter on popcorn without making it soggy?
Use clarified butter, or ghee, as it has less water than regular butter!
How would I make this with microwave popcorn?
Just pop in the microwave according to the instructions, then empty into a bowl and drizzle as instructed above. I would recommend only using lightly salted or unflavored microwave popcorn.
More Easy Snacks
- Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- Classic Hummus with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Baked Pita Chips with Za’atar
Eat It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your snack.
Guilt-free, sweet snacking is just minutes away when you try my peanut butter drizzled popcorn.
No fork required.
Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels (yellow or white)
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- salt to taste
- Pop kernels with your favorite air-popper then place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, 30-40 seconds.
- Drizzle popcorn with melted peanut butter and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.