Kid-friendly and packed with protein, oven roasted chickpeas are the perfect complement to any salad or having standalone as a healthy snack.
Have you ever tried throwing some chickpeas in the oven? The result is a fantastic, crunchy, salty, protein-packed snack or addition to any salad. My Oven Roasted Chickpeas are fast, easy, and healthy along with being delicious. Try them yourselves! You won’t be disappointed.
- Chickpeas: Also known as garbanzo beans, they have a great nutty, earthy taste.
- Olive oil: Mostly neutral flavor that helps to coat the chickpeas in seasoning and roast until nice and crisp.
- Cumin: Warm, slightly sweet and nutty flavor.
- Smoked paprika: Smoky, vibrant, and can be a little spicy.
- Salt & pepper: Balances out the flavors of the chickpeas.
How to Make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Start by draining and rinsing your can of chickpeas in a strainer or colander.
Then, using a clean cloth or paper towels, pat the chickpeas dry.
Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on a prepared baking sheet, then drizzle with the olive oil.
Sprinkle with the cumin and smoked paprika.
Followed by salt and pepper – I always use freshly ground pepper for an added punch of flavor.
Give the chickpeas a good toss to make sure they are all evenly coated, then toss them in the oven at 450 for 30-40 minutes, or until they’re nice and crispy.
Once your Oven Roasted Chickpeas are out, let them cool, then they’re ready to eat alone as a snack, or to top a salad or other dish. Enjoy!
Change It Up
- Switch out the seasoning. Try it with garlic and onion powder, or keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Or experiment with other spices!
- Add them to other recipes. Add roasted chickpeas to the top of salads, grain bowls, or any savory dish that needs some crunch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are baked chickpeas healthy?
Yes, they are packed with vitamins as well as a great source of protein and fiber.
Can you roast canned chickpeas in the oven?
Yes! I usually use canned; just drain and rinse them, then dry them off before roasting.
How do you store oven roasted chickpeas?
Kept in an airtight container, they’ll keep for 3 days at room temperature, or a week in the fridge.
More Healthy Snacks
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Baked Pita Chips with Za’atar
- Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade
- Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
Did you try this snack and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
Curb your cravings and keep yourself full and satisfied with a handful of these Oven Roasted Chickpeas; you and the whole family will enjoy them.
No fork required.
Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- 15 ounces can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dry chickpeas with paper towel to remove any excess water from rinsing.
- Coat chickpeas evenly with olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper; spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crispy.