This hearty, roasted root vegetable salad recipe is made creamy burrata cheese, spicy arugula and crunchy toasted almonds.
Just because the temps are dropping doesn’t mean salad season is coming to an end. In fact, I welcome fall which brings with it a desire for heartier, more satisfying salads.
In honor of the fall season, I decided to turn my go-to arugula salad into something a bit more special by topping it with roasted root vegetables and creamy burrata cheese. Whenever you roast vegetables in a hot oven the natural sugars caramelize resulting in a sweet, tender end result.
While you’ve probably seen burrata on restaurant menus before, you may be curious about what exactly makes burrata, burrata. Similar to mozzarella, burrata is a semi-soft Italian cheese. What makes burrata extra special is that it’s formed into a pouch and then filled with soft, stringy curd and cream.
The sweet roasted vegetables, spicy arugula and crunchy, toasted almonds are the ideal complement to the buttery, creamy burrata cheese. Sprinkle with a little salt and basil and you’re done.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Root Vegetable Burrata Salad
- 1 large beet (diced)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup parsnips (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 ounces buratta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- shredded basil (optional garnish )
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed root vegetables on a large baking sheet and toss well with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted until fork tender, turning once, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, scatter arugula all over a large platter. Top with roasted root vegetables, burrata cheese, toasted almonds, lemon juice and basil. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Milk Means More Dairy Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out more satisfying salad recipes on my Pinterest board!