This meatloaf recipe is a healthy alternative for those who want to use ground turkey over red meat. If you love meatloaf this is the recipe to utilize!
Fresh rosemary is one of my favorite herbs. Available all year round, you only need a little bit to really boost the flavor of anything from sauteed mushrooms to beef stew. The strong, woody flavor is the perfect way to perk up mild-tasting foods such as sweet potatoes (shown in my Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries) or ground turkey below.
I don’t know about you but I am constantly looking for new ways to reinvent ground turkey. My Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with Bacon are a classic in our house but I wanted to come up with a new version of meatloaf to add to our repertoire. Throughout dinner, my husband gushed about the perfect balance that the rosemary brought to the dish: strong enough to taste the rosemary flavor but not over-powering.
Your fork is waiting.
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf With Rosemary
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 c onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary finely minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp grill seasoning such as McCormick
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- Parsley optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Bring olive oil to a medium high heat in a pan then saute onions with fresh rosemary, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper until translucent (5-7 minutes.)
- Add garlic during last 30 seconds then remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey with grill seasoning, Worcestershire, egg white, panko bread crumbs and cooled onion/rosemary mixture.
- Once combined, add half of the ketchup and mustard (1 tbs each) and save the rest for the topping.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf on the pan then gently spread ketchup and mustard over the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes before serving.
274 calories, 4.8 g fat, .5 g sat fat, 88 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 18.3 g carb, 1.4 g fiber, 37.7 g protein