A flavorful twist on the classic, this Asian inspired coleslaw is creamy, tangy and slightly spicy.
I always used to think I didn’t like coleslaw but as it turns out, they can actually be quite flavorful. Traditional coleslaws are typically overloaded in mayo and sugar that you don’t actually taste the ingredients. I think it’s time to change that.
Right now cabbage and carrots are in season so I love taking advantage of these cheap and nutritious veggies when I can. Since cabbage can be a little boring on it’s own, I decided to take inspiration from a spicy tuna sushi roll and turn it into a creamy, tangy and slightly spicy vinaigrette.
Full of fresh ginger, toasted sesame oil and bright rice vinegar, each bite is loaded in classic Asian flavors. Ideal for a healthy side dish or as an entree salad with grilled shrimp or chicken, your whole family will love this new spin on coleslaw!
Your fork is waiting.
- 2 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup scallions minced
- Whisk together the Spicy Mayo Dressing in the bottom of a large bowl: rice vinegar through sesame oil.
- Add both types of cabbage and carrots to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the scallions before serving.
For more great Asian recipes, check out my Pinterest board!