This fresh and flavorful white bean dip recipe is made with creamy feta, fresh herbs, lemon, and garlic. Ideal for entertaining!
We are always entertaining and hosting parties so I am constantly on the search for quick, easy and crowd-pleasing appetizer recipes. This creamy white bean dip with feta and herbs was a huge hit at a recent dinner party which is why I had to share the recipe with all of you.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, I couldn’t believe how many guests asked me for the recipe during the meal. That’s always a sign a recipe is a hit!
The star of the dip is creamy white beans and tangy feta. Any type of white bean will work such as navy beans, cannellini beans or old northern beans. In fact, keeping my pantry stocked with canned beans is one reason I’m always ready to entertain at a moment’s notice.
Next, I puree the beans with creamy feta cheese, scallions and fresh herbs. Dill, mint, basil and parsley all work well – just use whatever you have on hand or can get at the store.
You won’t believe how delicious this dip turns out once pulsed together with olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Creamy, tangy and a little kick of heat from the cayenne, I promise your friends will be asking you for the recipe too.
It’s delicious with veggies, pita chips or even dolloped on top of grilled chicken or fish. It was so good you may be eating it with a spoon. Don’t worry, I won’t judge.
No forks required.
White Bean Dip with Feta and Herbs
- 15 ounces white beans drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces feta
- 1 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, dill, mint, etc.
- 3 green onions trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- pita chips and veggies to serve
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time, untill you've reached desired consistency.
- Serve dip with pita chips and veggies.
Discover more healthy appetizer recipes on my Pinterest!