This sparkling white wine ginger beer sangria is made with three types of citrus juice. The ultimate party drink, this recipe is great for entertaining a crowd!
Anyone who knows me knows I love to host. And with the opportunity to host gatherings, comes the opportunity to come up with new cocktails! My White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria is delicious and a total hit at parties, and as an added bonus, it doesn’t stain! Perfect for breaking out your summer whites.
- White wine: The base of your drink, a dry white wine that isn’t too sweet, like chardonnay.
- Ginger simple syrup: Made with three simple ingredients: sugar, water, and fresh ginger root. Sweetens the drink while adding a punch of fresh ginger flavor.
- Orange, lemon, and lime juice: Citrusy, bright, acidic, fresh, delicious!
- Ginger beer: Much more intense in flavor than ginger ale, it has somewhat of a spicy finish.
How to Make White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria
Start your White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria by making your ginger simple syrup. Add equal parts sugar and water into a saucepan, then warm over the stove and stir.
Once the sugar has all dissolved, add the ginger root and let simmer for about a minute. Then remove from heat, and let it cool while infusing the ginger flavor.
Once cooled to room temperature, strain your simple syrup into a measuring cup or bowl.
Then in a large pitcher, pour in your choice of white wine. I added orange slices for fun, and is totally optional.
Then add in your fresh or store-bought orange juice.
Next you’ll add the fresh lemon and lime juice, being sure to catch any seeds that try to escape.
Follow it with the ginger simple syrup that you made, now cooled entirely.
Finish her off with the ginger beer, and give it a gentle stir.
When ready to serve, pour into glasses filled with ice.
Garnish with fresh orange, lemon, or lime slices for fun, and enjoy you White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is sangria typically made of?
The basics of sangria are wine, a sweetener, some sort of non-alcoholic beverage (like club soda), and fruit.
What kind of wine do you use for sangria?
Your classic Spanish sangria is usually made with red wine, but you can make sangria with whatever wine you prefer!
Can this drink be made ahead of time?
Yes, but not days in advance. The ginger beer adds a bit of a sparkling affect with its carbonation, so if you make it too early, you’ll lose that element.
- Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
- Peach Moscow Mule
- 5 Ingredient Spanish Sangria
- Lemon Basil White Wine Spritzer
Drink It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this cocktail? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
Enjoy a glass as you wind down from your day, or share it with your friends at a party, I know you’ll love my White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria.
Your straw is waiting.
White Wine Ginger Beer Sangria
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 6- inch piece ginger root (cut in large chunks)
- To make Ginger Simple Syrup, place water, sugar and ginger root in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Stir for 60 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let ginger steep while syrup cools.
- Place white wine in a large pitcher and add in orange, lime and lemon juice. Add additional orange, lemon and lime slices to the pitcher for garnish and added flavor.
- Once ginger simple syrup has cooled, strain ginger root from the mixture and add the syrup to the pitcher of wine and citrus juice. Stir well and let mixture chill for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, pour mixture over ice until glass is 3/4 full. Top each glass with ginger beer before serving.
- Garnish with extra citrus slices if you wish.