This sparkling white wine sangria is made with ginger beer and three types of citrus juice. The ultimate party drink, this recipe is ideal for entertaining a crowd!
Since I already shared my favorite traditional sangria recipe (made with just 5 ingredients!) this time I decided to create a white wine version infused with ginger and citrus fruit.
For a subtle kick and added sweetness, I made a homemade ginger syrup steeped with lots of spicy ginger root. And since you can never have too much ginger in a cocktail, I top each glass with cold, sparkling ginger beer before serving.
As an added bonus, this white wine sangria doesn’t stain. Perfect for breaking out your summer whites.
Your straw is waiting.
- 2 bottles dry white wine i.e. sauvignon blanc or chardonnay
- Ginger Simple Syrup see below
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 24 ounces ginger beer
- slices orange lemon and lime - garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6- inch piece ginger root cut in large chunks
- To make Ginger Simple Syrup, place water, sugar and ginger root in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Stir for 60 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let ginger steep while syrup cools.
- Place white wine in a large pitcher and add in orange, lime and lemon juice. Add additional orange, lemon and lime slices to the pitcher for garnish and added flavor.
- Once ginger simple syrup has cooled, strain ginger root from the mixture and add the syrup to the pitcher of wine and citrus juice. Stir well and let mixture chill for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, pour mixture over ice until glass is 3/4 full. Top each glass with ginger beer before serving.
- Garnish with extra citrus slices if you wish.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
For more great drink recipes check out my Pinterest board!