In my experience, I’ve found that the key to maintaining healthy eating goals and resolutions is to master a few fast and easy recipes. Simple and delicious recipes that you can go back to again and again.
Mornings are a busy time – we have children to feed, jobs to get ready for, Facebook and Twitter to check…. oh wait.
If I had to pick one healthy breakfast recipe to suggest for busy people without a lot of time in the morning it would, hands down, be my Berry Spinach Protein Smoothie. Don’t get me wrong, I love smoothies of all varieties, but this Berry Spinach Smoothie is the one I’m currently obsessed with and I think you will be too.
Smoothies are an ideal healthy breakfast for many reasons:
1) You can toss ingredients in the blender the night before, refrigerate overnight and blend with ice in the morning.
2) Short on time? Throw the entire smoothie in a portable cup and get on with your Facebook reading, I mean busy day.
3) By nature, they take longer to consume which gives the brain the extra time to register fullness. You’ll feel more satisfied and not like a Sad Sally drinking her January green smoothie.
4) Great use for any fruits or vegetables you have on hand – frozen berries, oranges, baby kale, frozen peaches, mango, parsley, go crazy!
5) Low calorie source of protein and fiber which means you will have lasting energy and won’t be hungry an hour later.
Ready to blend?
Your straw is waiting.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated fat: .1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 2.8 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44.5 g
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 91 mg
- Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.