Juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and fragrant basil–is there any combination more reminiscent of summertime? I don’t think so! When my friends at Galbani® invited me to take part in the 2013 Galbani Caprese Challenge I was immediately on board. We wait a long time for tomato season to finally arrive so when it does, I like to keep the flavors simple so that the ripe tomato flavor can really shine.
Quinoa Caprese Salad is a quick and easy recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Toasted quinoa is added to the traditional salad to boost the protein and other nutrients without sacrificing any of the classic Caprese flavors you crave. It tastes great with grilled chicken or fish but frankly it is very satisfying on its own.
If you’ve never tried Galbani Mozzarella Fresca™ I encourage you to look for it using the store locator. Crafted right here in the United States, it is an old family recipe made from cow’s milk. By gently stretching and kneading the cheese, the end result is a uniquely soft, creamy and delicious cheese. My family can’t get enough of it and I’m sure yours will love it too. Your fork is waiting!
What would you do with an extra $500.00? For every vote you place in the 2013 Galbani Caprese Challenge you will automatically be entered to win $500! There are many delicious recipes but I would be honored if you voted for my Quinoa Caprese Salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil--divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth--low sodium
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes--sliced in half
- 1 cup Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Ciliegine
- 10 basil leaves--cut chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, heat half of the olive oil (one tablespoon) over medium-high heat, toast the quinoa for 3-4 minutes until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes then remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lemon juice, remaining one tablespoon olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Toss salad to combine and check for seasoning before serving.
Want more delicious Caprese recipes? Head over to Galbani for more creative and easy ways to serve this classic dish.
Disclaimer: I have been compensated for my time to write this post and create an original recipe for the 2013 Galbani Caprese Challenge. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.