A protein-packed, thick and creamy smoothie that tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass!
Happy 1st Day of Fall!! Like so many, fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. Now that I’m well into my eighth month of pregnancy, I am perfectly happy with cooler temps and crisp breezes. Bring on the stretchy pants!
The other great thing about the arrival of is that I no longer have to feel guilty about cooking with pumpkin. Truth is, at just 35 calories per half cup, we eat it all year round in pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, brownies and more. It’s a great way to add moisture, flavor and nutrients without adding to the waistline. Of course I haven’t seen my waist in a few months but that’s besides the point.
- ½ cup pure pumpkin (unsweetened)
- ½ cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch salt
- vanilla stevia or natural sweetener of choice - to taste
- Place all ingredients except the ice in a high speed blender and puree until smooth - about 45 seconds.
- Add ice and continue pureeing until you reach desired consistency.
Want to lower the calories even further? Eliminate the apple or banana.
Ready for the fun part?
::GIVEAWAY CLOSED:: To celebrate this glorious season, I have joined forces with a group of incredible food bloggers to give away a $500.00 Amazon gift card. Yes, you heard right…. 500 big ones! This post is not at all sponsored, we simply pitched in from our own pockets so that we could give back to our favorite people: readers like you!