These savory kafta patties are made with ground beef, onion, fresh parsley and traditional Lebanese spices. Perfect on the grill or under the broiler.
Once upon a time, I made these for dinner and my 2 year old son at 75% of them before I got to the table. The End. Wasn’t that a good story?
It’s actually a true story but honestly I was just so thrilled he loved them that I could hardly care. The truth is, I was upstairs nursing Jacob to bed and every minute or so my husband called upstairs asking if it was ok if Mr. Man kept eating all of the kafta patties.
Note to Self: I need to start buying more meat to feed this growing little boy! Especially when it comes to Lebanese food which he loves as much as his mama.
We love serving these patties with raw onion and bulgur pilaf but it is delicious with hummus, in a pita or served with Cucumber Laban Yogurt Sauce.
Your fork is waiting.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 3 patties
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 7.2 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 958 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
- 1 pound ground sirloin (or lamb or turkey)
- 1 medium onion - quartered
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat grill or broiler to high heat.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using wet hands, form into 12 evenly sized, small patties.
- Spray grill with non-stick grilling spray and grill patties for 2-3 minutes per side, turning once for medium-rare. Cook longer for well done.
- Serve over bulgur wheat or rice pilaf.