Table of Contents
Filled with creamy hummus, ground sirloin, and plenty of cheese, this warm Mexican Layered Hummus dip is a total crowd-pleaser and the ultimate party dip!
My boys are hummus fanatics. You know this by now. Guess what else they are? Ravenous little creatures who literally eat all day long.
The other day my son ate seven tacos, two avocados worth of guacamole, a huge bowl of beans and three additional homemade tortillas. About four minutes after leaving the dinner table, he returned only to ask me for a bowl of popcorn. You can’t make this stuff up, folks.
Luckily for them, I love hummus just as much as they do. And it’s all the more reason to create this warm, cheesy, Mexican layered hummus dip that requires as little as five simple ingredients.
This dip is a fun twist on the traditional seven layer dip. It’s a protein-packed, stick-to-your-ribs kind of dip. In addition, it also makes the perfect appetizer. In fact, this dish is great with my easy homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips.
Preparing Mexican Layered Hummus Dip
This tasty appetizer is incredibly easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s as simple as browning the meat, adding the hummus, baking to cheesy perfection, and garnishing with your favorite toppings.
For toppings, I love to mix textures like diced tomatoes with crunchy red onions, but it will taste great with whatever you have on hand. If you love avocado, add it! Not a fan of cilantro? Skip it! For this recipe I used scallions, tomatoes, and crumbled cotija cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mexican Layered Hummus Dip served with?
The dip can be enjoyed with tortilla chips, pita bread, Homemade pita chips, or seasonal veggies.
How long will it last in the refrigerator?
Once it’s prepared, it will last for up to three days in the refrigerator. But it’s normally gone within a day at my house!
Do you have a vegetarian option?
Yes! Check out my Vegetarian Mexican Baked Hummus Dip.
Who knows, maybe it’ll even keep your kids full for more than five minutes. No guarantees on that one though.
Your tortilla chip is waiting.
Mexican Layered Hummus Dip
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 10- ounce container Sabra Chipotle or Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 2 cups shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: scallions (cilantro, diced tomatoes, crumbled cotija cheese)
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ground sirloin, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and begin browning beef. Stir until beef is fully cooked through and browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Place cooked meat in a medium bowl and add in the hummus. Stir to combine then spread mixture in the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dish evenly with shredded cheese and bake until cheese melts and hummus is warmed through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and other optional toppings before serving with tortilla chips.
Want more healthy recipes? Head over to Pinterest!