A fun twist on the traditional seven layer dip, this warm and cheesy Mexican baked hummus dip is a total crowd pleaser.
My boys are hummus fanatics. You know this by now. Guess what else they are? Ravenous little creatures who literally eat all day long.
The other day my four year old ate 7 tacos, 2 avocados worth of guacamole, a huge bowl of beans and 3 additional homemade tortillas. About 3 minutes and 45 seconds after leaving the dinner table he returned only to ask me to make him a bowl of popcorn. You can’t make this stuff up, folks.
Luckily for them, today is National Hummus Day which gives me another excuse to partner with my dear friends at Sabra to create this warm, cheesy, Mexican baked hummus dip that requires as little as five simple ingredients.
This protein-packed, stick-to-your-ribs dip is not only the perfect #UnofficialMeal appetizer but it’s the ultimate crowd-pleasing dip. In fact, this dish would be great with my easy homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips.
Who knows, maybe it’ll even keep your kids full for more than 5 minutes. No guarantees on that one though. Ready to celebrate National Hummus Day?
Your tortilla chip is waiting. Happy National Hummus Day!
Mexican Layered Hummus Dip
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 10- ounce container Sabra Chipotle or Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 2 cups shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: scallions (cilantro, diced tomatoes, crumbled cotija cheese)
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ground sirloin, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and begin browning beef. Stir until beef is fully cooked through and browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Place cooked meat in a medium bowl and add in the hummus. Stir to combine then spread mixture in the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dish evenly with shredded cheese and bake until cheese melts and hummus is warmed through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and other optional toppings before serving with tortilla chips.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Sabra Tastemaker. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.